Inaugural Veterinary School Small Animal Antimicrobial Stewardship Workshop
- Who: Representatives from each U.S. and Caribbean veterinary school
- What: Two-day, in-person small animal antimicrobial stewardship workshop. Topics will include implementation of hospital antimicrobial stewardship programs, research opportunities and needs, and antimicrobial stewardship curriculum. This workshop will foster engagement among professionals, highlight current stewardship efforts, and draw attention to actionable ideas to implement clinical stewardship programs.
- When: August 24–25, 2023
- Where: University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Contact: This workshop is hosted by the University of Minnesota, Ohio State University, and Tufts University. Email email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- Registration is free! Capacity is limited, so apply soon. An email confirming your participation will be sent as soon as possible.
- Complete the application form by June 1, 2023, at: https://redcap.link/ASworkshop2023
Travel and Accommodations
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is approximately a 25 minute drive to Graduate Minneapolis hotel.
- Rooms have been blocked at Graduate Minneapolis (615 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414), which is within walking distance to the workshop location. Please reserve your room early to ensure a spot at the discounted rate ($159/night). There are a limited number of rooms reserved for check-in on Aug. 23 and check-out on Aug. 25. If there are any issues with the reservation link or to reserve rooms outside of Aug. 23 and Aug. 24, call the hotel (612-379-8888) and mention the UMN Small Animal Antimicrobial Stewardship Workshop. The Minnesota State Fair is Aug. 24-Sept. 4 and will increase traffic. If the room block has been filled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if additional rooms can be added.
- Hotel room reservation link: https://www.graduatehotels.com/minneapolis/#/booking/step-1?group=2638547&arrive=08%2F23%2F2023&depart=08%2F26%2F2023
- How to use your booking link:
- Select the exact dates of your stay (top of page)
- Click on check availability
- Select room type – “Book now”
- Confirm your stay, enter your name & credit card
- How to use your booking link:
- If the block has been filled, please email email@example.com to see if additional rooms can be added.
Thursday, August 24
8:00 am Check-in and Breakfast
9:00 am Welcome
9:15 am Presentations on Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum
10:45 am Break
11:00 am Moderated Table Discussions on Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum
11:45 am Large Group Discussions on Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Presentations on Research Opportunities and Needs
3:30 pm Moderated Table Discussions on Research Opportunities and Needs
4:15 pm Break
4:30 pm Large Group Discussions on Research Opportunities and Needs
5:15 pm Day 1 Debrief
5:30 pm Adjourn
Friday, August 25
7:30 am Breakfast
8:00 am Welcome
8:15 am Organizing Stewardship
9:00 am Presentations on Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
10:00 am Break
10:15 am Moderated Table Discussions on Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
11:00 am Large Group Discussions on Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
11:45 am Lunch
12:30 pm Workshop Summary and Action Items
2:00 pm Adjourn
Things To Do
If you find yourself with extra time in Minneapolis-St. Paul (the Twin Cities), enjoy all that it has to offer. Below is a list of local activities, restaurants, and breweries to help get you started.
- Minnesota State Fair
- 1265 Snelling Ave N, St. Paul, MN 55108
- The Minnesota State Fair, also known as "The Great Minnesota Get-Together," is the largest state fair in the U.S. by average daily attendance. This is not your average fair!
- The University of Minnesota Campus Connector buses are free to ride to the St. Paul campus, which is adjacent to the State Fair.
- Stone Arch Bridge
- 100 Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Stone Arch Bridge is a great way to see the Mississippi River, downtown Minneapolis, and the cobblestone roads of St. Anthony Main. There are restaurants along St. Anthony Main, and the Mill City Farmers Market is on the other side of the bridge on Saturday mornings.
- Minnehaha Falls Regional Park
- 4801 S Minnehaha Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Minnehaha Falls is beautiful to visit. Several walking trails, including a dog park, leading to the Mississippi River.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- 725 Vineland Pl, Minneapolis, MN 55403
- See the iconic "Spoonbridge and Cherry" sculpture, among others. The Sculpture Garden is free, but the Walker Art Center has a fee. This is a short walk to Loring Park.
- Bde Maka Ska
- 3000 Bde Maka Ska Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- There are beautiful walks along Bde Maka Ska (Lake Calhoun), Lake Harriet, and Lake of the Isles. These are a short walk to Uptown, where there are plenty of restaurants and bars.
- Twins Baseball Game
- 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, MN 55403
- The Minnesota Twins have home games scheduled for 8/24-8/30. Target Field is located downtown Minneapolis with lots of bars and restaurants nearby.
- Mill City Farmers Market
- 750 S 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- The Mill City Farmers Market is every Saturday from 8am-1pm. It is located near the Stone Arch Bridge and Guthrie Theatre.
- Can Can Wonderland
- 755 Prior Ave N Suite #004, St. Paul, MN 55104
- This 18 hole mini golf course was designed by local artists. Make sure to arrive early, as there can often be long wait times! BlackStack Brewing is on the floor above Can Can Wonderland if you have to wait.
- Mall of America
- 60 E Broadway, Bloomington, MN 55425
- The largest mall in North America, the Mall of America is 2.5 million square-feet of shopping, food, indoor amusement rides, and more. It's a good spot to check out if you've never been before or like to shop! It's a short lightrail ride or drive from downtown Minneapolis.
- Fort Snelling State Park
- 101 Snelling Lake Road, St. Paul, MN 55111
- Walk the Hiking Club Trail (~3 miles) to see where the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers meet.
- Breweries and Distilleries
- There are over 80 different microbreweries in the Twin Cities. Here’s a small list of some of the UMN organizing committees favorite places to grab a drink.
- Dangerous Man Brewing
- BlackStack Brewing
- Barrel Theory Beer Company
- Venn Brewing
- Modist Brewing Company
- Inbound BrewCo
- Lake Monster Brewing
- Urban Growler Brewing
- Indeed Brewing
- Norseman Distillery
- Tattersall Distilling
- O’Shaughnessy Distilling
- The Twin Cities has many award winning restaurants. Here’s a small list of some of the UMN organizing committees favorite restaurants.
- Red Cow
- Brasa Premium Rotisserie
- Young Joni
- Spoon and Stable
- Hai Hai
- Food Halls: Market at Malcom Yards (near Surly Brewing), Eat Street Crossing, Graze Provisions + Libations (near Target Field)
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Clinical and Translational Science Award One Health Alliance (COHA)
- Mars Veterinary Health